If someone tried to understand you using only your race, what important things would that person miss? Aug 13 block day

 Prompt: If someone tried to understand you using only your race, what important things would that person miss? Describe at least three other parts of your cultural identity that help make you who you are.

Prompt Response: I think some things people would miss is that being black just doesn't come with me just having darker skin color. It could be other things like experience and simple situations for me personally or other people having some of the same things. It could also be some cultural things that just go into the identity of me or just any black person or any person in general. I think at least three parts are what I look like, how I carry myself, and probably things that I went through in my personal life.

Summary:  Today in class we discussed and watched 3 videos about racial appearance and cultural and people's experiences with those such things.

Reflection: I made me think about how many more people in this world go through those things and how they deal with them and how they come to identity when things come down to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct 15

Sept 1 2nd period

Oct 13