Think about the different people, cultures, experiences, communities, interests, and traditions that have shaped who you are. August 11

 Prompt: Think about the different people, cultures, experiences, communities, interests, and traditions that have shaped who you are. What parts of your identity have had the greatest influence on the person you are today? Have you ever felt pressure to change, hide, or empathize a part of yourself in order to fit in?

Prompt Response: I think the parts of my identity that shaped me today are just what I look like as a black young teenager in America and the things or stuff my family prepared me to deal with. No I don’t think I have ever been pressured to change myself because of the things my close family prepared or told me to expect when dealing with certain things. But I do think sometimes there are things being said or actions happening that could make a person start to question themselves about certain things. Things could be different with anyone because people are put in different situations everyday.

Summary: Today we read a story about a Korean- American girl dealing with identity issues. 

Reflection: The story today made me think about how many other people deal with those same identity issues and how the over come it or how they surpass it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct 15

Sept 1 2nd period

Oct 13